Gems are not only beautiful but also have powerful healing properties. They have been used in ancient cultures for healing and are a wonderful way to bring into your daily rituals today. Hildegard von Bingen was a visionary and well known for working with crystals and incorporated gems into a holistic health concept. She used gems and crystals both externally and internally: the healing stones were either placed on the body or used in preparation of elixirs that were to be ingested by the patients.
Making a gem elixir or crystal water can be easy, fun and healing! If you use the direct method where you put the crystals in the water be aware the crystals you are using are not are toxic.
MY FAVOURITES: I use rose quartz, amethyst, clear quartz crystal as a basic gem elixir I love to drink!
You can explore various stones that attract you and drink them mindfully and gratefully as they can give you new ways of connecting to yourself and the earth!
Items needed to start:
- A glass vessel
-1-3 raw or tumbled gems
-spring or charged water
- Place a cleansed crystal or gemstone (only use non-toxic crystals) in a plain glass tumbler or pitcher.
- Fill with fresh spring water ( or water charged in blue bottle & moron glass) cover and leave overnight.
- In the morning remove the crystal with a spoon, and sip the water throughout the day.
- The water will keep in a refrigerator for a few days.
- This water is also great for your animals and your plants.
Suggestions on How to drink:
1-3 glasses a day for 2 weeks to work on your particular condition.
The healing properties of a gem elixirs depend on the gems and crystals used in their preparation. Healing stones transfer their vibration to the molecules of water thus changing the energetic pattern of this medium. This patterns are then incorporated into our own energy field. The healing process is gradual and requires patience and perseverance as the changes must take place at the molecular level before they manifest themselves on the macro scale.
How does it work?
The energetic information stored in gems and crystals incorporates into our own energy system.
Gem elixir prescriptions:
- Stress - Quartz Crystal, Rose Quartz, Amethyst
- Weight loss - Apatite, Quartz Crystal, Magnesite, Red Jasper
- For more energy and stamina - Quartz Crystal, Selenite, Moss Agate
- Immune system - Calcite, Quartz Crystal, Amethyst, Black Tourmaline
- Diuretic - Magnesite, Red Jasper, Quartz Crystal
- Insomnia - Aragonite, Rose Quartz, Black Tourmaline
- Skin conditions - Amethyst, Quartz Crystal, Red Carnelian
- Skin rejuvenation - Amethyst, Agate, Red Carnelian
- Libido - Red Carnelian, Red Jasper, Rose Quartz
- Concentration - Agate, Apatite, Fluorite, Quartz Crystal
Many gems can safely be used in gem therapy. However, certain gems are toxic and should never be used in making a gem elixir. If you are not absolutely certain about the stones you are using, ask a certified holistic therapist or a gemologist.
Do NOT use these GEMS in elixir making:
- Amazonite - contains copper inclusions. Copper is toxic to the body.
- Azurite - copper content makes it toxic.
- Boji stones - sulphur content make them unsuitable for an elixir
- Chalcopyrite or the peacock stone - contains copper and sulphur. Potentially toxic.
- Chrysocolla - contains copper
- Cinnabar - contains mercury and is toxic to the body
- Cuprite - contains copper
- Dioptase - contains copper
- Hematite - due to the iron content may rust in water
- Lapis Lazuli - pyrite inclusions are potentially poisonous. Porous.
- Malachite - contains copper and is potentially toxic
- Wulfenite - toxic. Contains lead
SOME more books you can buy form my Amazon Links here! Thanks for supporting our site!